13 Kasım 2008 Perşembe

three

It is really brilliant of me! Forgot to take the addresses of the other two comics shops! Great! Now I have to go back to the coffee shop too. But before, a good night's sleep, oh how I'd love it... If I can just reach the hotel anytime soon. My feet are already killing me. Still should feel lucky, I suppose, it's not raining as was forecasted and considering this impatiently popped autumn. 

I wonder if Janet will be at Swanson's. If there is an auction this evening, I should be able to find her there. Strange... Thinking about today... This has never happened before. I even double checked the map to see if there is any other 8th east, 114. But no! That was it. Then Peter confirmed it as well. Ok, let's say Turf has been closed for some time and Swanson's still got the draft from Jack and he, for whatever reason, wanted the name Turf there. Would such a thing be possible? Would Swanson's accept this? Even further, how would they let me without a notification if such an issue is at hand? Would it be just that they forgot to tell me something? Maybe left me a note at the hotel... 

The hotel... The hotel... Two lefts and six blocks... 

All in all, the coffee shop was rather strange by itself. Almost crowded for a non residential area. Probably because it is betwixt the university and high streets. And I probably found the most local person present there at the time. Well, after all, I am famous for my curious encounters. Jean Jacket... I don't know his name so why not JJ... Hmm JJ... A man in his late forties, I guess. Tired but not really exhausted. Friendly? Umm... Well... Let's say, kind and not a chatterbox. Peter was nice. Is he to everyone or he got excited by what I was looking for and I got a good reference from JJ? Is he a student? Most likely... 

Oh my feet! I can hardly feel them now. And the keys! What sort of a hotel reserves a room that is being renovated! They were lucky in the morning that I did not care to have a rest in my room and gave them some more time. Did not even ask if they had another vacant one. They'd better have my room ready by now, or else I don't know! 

Here I am. We'll see in a minute. 

- Hi, room 11, please.
- Here sir.
- Thank you. Any notes for me?
- No sir.
- Alright. 
- Excuse me sir; we're sorry for the inconvenience. There has been a misunderstanding about your arrival and reservation. 
- Of course, there's been. But got the keys now, it's fine. 
- Thank you, sir. 
- Good evening. 
- Good evening sir, have a nice stay. 

Normally I'd have written a complaint letter before getting comfortable in my room but deadly exhausted for it now. Plus, gotta call Janet with my last piece of energy. 

Hmm... Not bad. I might even call this a view. A view of close windows and rooftops. 

Janet, Janet!

- Oh Hello, Umm... Is Janet there? 
- One moment sir. 
- Sure.
Such is never a moment, but we'll see...
- Who should I say is calling?
- Sam. I bought a Sandman draft from last Wednesday's auction, she knows me. 
- Ok, one second sir
So now it's a second. 
- Sam? Hi!
- Hi Janet.
- How can I help you?
- Well, went to Turf to fetch my draft today, but it was closed. And apparently closed for some while now. At some coffee shop, I met a guy who knows the store and who is familiar with the owner, Jack. Even the guy was surprised that Turf was closed but told me that it should be the place to get the draft since Jack is a great fan of Sandman. 
- Just a minute, what do you mean it was closed? 
- I mean what it sounds. Closed. 
- Any notes?
- Haven't seen. 
- Let me check the address.
- No need Janet. I've already double checked and that guy at the coffee shop, Peter, has confirmed it as well. 
- I don't understand.
- Join the club then!
- Ok, I'll go through whatever papers and info we have and get back to you, alright?
- Yeah, it'll be great. But here's the thing. Peter mentioned two other comics shops and told me that they're closed on weekends. Tomorrow is Friday. In case I'll need to check these two other shops according to the info you'll give me, I only have tomorrow. Staying here for the weekend is not really handy to me. 
- I see. Alright then. I'll do my best to get back to you before noon tomorrow. Is this ok?
- Yeah, I guess... 
- I'm sorry for this Sam. Really don't know what happened. But we'll figure it out, right?
- Hopefully.
- Very well then, talk to you in the morning.
- Thank you, Janet, bye.
- Bye Sam.
- Janet! Janet! 
- Yes?
- For one, you did not ask for my number. For two, I think it's better I find you tomorrow towards noon so that in the morning I go back to that coffee shop to get addresses of those two other stores.
- I see, so we both have forgotten somethings. 
- Seems so.
- Cool, so I'll be here tomorrow all day.
- Great, talk to you then. 
- Bye again.
- Bye Janet. 

Just as I expected. First call, no results. Yet, first mission accomplished. I do deserve a long deep sleep now. No need even to indicate. 

Hiç yorum yok: